Saturday, October 31, 2009

Currie Cup predictions

The Currie Cup finally comes to a conclusion today as the Bulls host the Cheetahs in a match where nobody is giving the team from the Free State any real chance.

I'm a big believer that nobody wants to play the Cheetahs in a semi-final or final simply because they play like they have nothing to lose. A side like that is terrible to play against as they tend to yank you out of your comfort zone.

While I suspect the Bulls will win I think there is little harm in putting a few bucks down on the Cheetahs for a shock factor.

One area where I think punters could have a lot of fun is around the first try-scorer. I've backed Bryan Habana (9/1) Jacques Louis Potgieter (33/1) and my good old fashioned try scoring banker Fourie Du Preez (18/1).

C'mon the Cheetahs!

No comments: