Saturday, August 29, 2009

Currie Cup predictions

Another weekend of the Currie Cup is here and there are some very interesting fixtures for this weekend

Sharks vs. Western Province
First up Western Province travel to Durban to take on the Sharks. I'm a Province fan so I always put money down on them to win but I think there is a good chance of them beating the Sharks today.

The Sharks have had problems finding an effective 9/10 combination and could have their hands full.

My predictions:

Province Win
First points - WP try

Lions vs Bulls
It has been a pretty forgettable season for the Lions so far but I have a sneaky suspicion they are going to shck the Bulls this afternoon.

The return of "Baywatch" and Alberts and the final sacking of Earl Rose may be just the "clean-slate" that the Lions need to get themselves back on track.

My predictions
Lions to win
First points - Lions try
First try scorer - Jano Vermaak

Griquas vs Cheetahs
The Griquas have looked fearsome at home and the bookies may not agree with me but I don't see how they can lose to the Cheetahs this afternoon.

I've got the Griquas to win and the first points to come via the boot for Griquas.

Happy punting!

No comments: